SIMON SAYS Kickstarter Launches
Simon Says: Nazi Hunter #1 is a Kickstarter comic project from author/artist team Andre Frattino and Jess Lee. It’s a noir-fiction story inspired by the real life Nazi Hunter, Simon Wiesenthal, who survived the war and spent the rest of his life hunting down elite members of the Third Reich, such as Adolf Eichmann, Franz Stangl and the “Angel of Death”, Joseph Megele. Intrigued? Visit the Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1276155749/simon-says-nazi-hunter
“The story of Simon Wiesenthal, a man who at one time was an internationally known Nazi Hunter, is becoming less and less known to the world at large.” Andre states. “However, this is a man who survived great horrors and still went on to devote the rest of his life to bringing these villains to justice. He’s one of the clearest examples of a super hero detective in the real world. In many ways, he’s Batman.”
Simon Says: Nazi Hunters #1 also takes a lot of its inspiration from the old noir and pulp-fiction stories of the early 20th century. It’s styling is influenced heavily by Ian Fleming’s Bond series. Anyone who is fan of such hit shows as Sherlock and TheMan in the High Castle will find this a comic series right up their alley.
The Kickstarter is set to launch on January 27th which is International Holocaust Remembrance Day. For many historians familiar with the Holocaust, is an important anniversary. In 1945, on that day Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi concentration and death camp, was liberated by the Red Army. The Holocaust lead to the death of 11 million people, 6 million of which were Jewish. Sadly today, this is still a highly relevant topic, and something that we must all keep in mind when we look at the world, and swear to ourselves that we won’t let it happen again.
The team is looking to raise $5,000 on Kickstarter before February 28th. 75% of this will go towards production costs, with the remaining 25% going to printing costs and delivery. The team is looking to complete the project by year’s end, and if enough interest is generated, will continue onto Issue #2, with the eventual goal of creating a full-fledged graphic novel.